R. Orna Ben Dor, Noa Maiman, Documentary, 60' min., Israel / Philippines / Peru / Congo, 2011.
Saturday, 26. May at 12:15 / Cinema Europa
As the State of Israel is about to deport foreign workers and their children – this film is a timely exploration of a complex political and personal situation. Where does identity come from? And what makes you connected to your homeland? HOMECOMING takes us on a moving journey with three teenagers who were born in Israel to foreign workers who came to Israel in search of a better life. These kids are not Jewish, but are deeply Israeli – and their individual journeys take on cultural and emotional dimensions. We travel with them to the Congo, to Peru and to the Philippines as they examine their roots and contemplate their future.
- 2012. - Detroit Jewish Film Festival
- 2012. - Santa Barbara International Film Festival
- 2011. - The Other Israel Film Festival
- 2011. - The Gold Coast International Film Festival
- 2011. - Guadalajara International Film Festival