The Last Survivor is a character-based feature-length documentary that presents the stories of four Survivors of genocide and mass atrocities (The Holocaust, Rwanda, Darfur, and the Congo), focusing on their ability to transcend victimhood and rebuild their lives in the aftermath of such horror. Rather than focusing on their past, the ﬁlm examines the Survivors’ lives today, considering their work as activists within the anti-genocide movement. By presenting these stories of loss, survival, and hope side by side, the ﬁlm highlights the commonalities these individuals share both as Survivors and, more broadly, as human beings. In this manner, The Last Survivor is at once an inspirational call to action – pushing its audience to take action against the violence that continues in Darfur, Congo, and elsewhere around the world – and an intimate meditation on how one begins to pick up the pieces of a broken life after such unfathomable tragedy.
- Title: The Last Survivor
- Director: Michael Kleiman, Michael Pertnoy
- Country: Israel
- Year: 2010
- Running Time: 92 min.
- Genre: Documentary
- Winner Best Documentary Oxford Film Festival (2010)
- Winner Audience Award Oxford Film Festival (2010)
- Winner Special Jury Prize Dallas International Film Festival (2010)
- Special Documentary Jury Award Indie Memphis Film Festival (2010)
- Winner Best Documentary Los Angeles Jewish Film Festival (2010)
- Winner Audience Award San Antonio Film Festival (2010)